Siófok – Main square
Siófok is the one of the most important touristic destinations of Hungary and Region Balaton. The symbol of the city the Water tower heightens on the Main square more than 100 years. With the two panorama elevators the guests can approach the look-out terrace, a café and an experience center. From the tower you can have a nice view not only to the Lake Balaton but the renewed imposing square. To visit Siófok is worth all year, where the relaxation with great experiences is guaranteed.
Camera position: Siófok, Main square
. The rectangular shape for the square was made in 1864. The place was originally owned by the Hospitaller Order. The squere new name was New square for one year, than from that year to 1949 the name was Majláth square. At the northern side of the square was hospitaller bazaar. At the eastern side of the square was finished the Synagogue in 1869. In 1891 the bazaar was demolished and than they built the building which still stands there. It was made in eclectic style.
Statue of Lajos Kossuth
Kossuth was MP for Pécs, and honorary citizen of several cities, including Pécs.
After his death several statues were erected all over the country, among the one in Kossuth Square, Pécs. The sculptor of the statue, unveiled, on 10th May, 1908 is János Horvay. After the square reconstruction in 2010. the statue was moved.
Sopron – Main square
Sopron is situated near the western borders of Hungary, at the foot of the Alps, 60 km from Vienna and 220 km from Budapest. It is one of the oldest jewelboxes of the country. Sopron merges past and present in itself. It creates a bridge between Hungary and its western neighbours, opening a gate for foreign guests visiting Hungary, as it is symbolized by the coat of arms of the city.
Camera position: Sopron, Main square
Komárom – Main square
Komárom is a cultural, tourist and commercial centre on the right bank of the Danube with a population of 20.000. The roads of Bakony, Vértes and Gerecse from south meet here. Opposite, on the left bank of the Danube, roads join along the Little-Danube, Vág, Nitra and Zsitva. Visitors arriving from the west are welcomed by Koppánymonostor, its former name Katapán monostor, visitors from the east are welcomed by Szőny that joined to Komárom in 1977 in the place of Brigetio that founded by the Romans.
Camera position: Komárom, Main square
Esztergom – Vaskapu Restaurant
the Ice Age 20,000 years ago. The first people known by name were the Celts fromWestern Europe, who settled in the region in about 350 BC. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esztergom
Camera position: Vaskapu restaurant
Tihany – Echo Restaurant
Tihany is a settlement with a considerable past, where the traditions are still alive and the values of the past times are carefully protected. The festivals rest on the local traditions: on the culture of lavender and the fishing of a special kind of fish, named garda. The local authority and the Németh László Cultural House wait the visitors with a colourful program. The Benedictine Abbey and the Lavender House Visitor Centre organise a number of different programs as well.
Camera position: Echo Restaurant
Tata – Ecotourism Center
Tata is located in the valley between the Gerecse Mountains and Vértes Mountains, some 70 km (43 mi) from Budapest, the capital. By virtue of its location, the city is a railway and road junction.
The multi coloured programmes of the city include events focusing on history, traditions, folk art, classical and popularmusic, viti-culture and cuisine, natureconversation, and enviromentalprotection.
the New Kayakhouse Ecotouristical Center welcomes the tourists who would like to have an active recreation. You can take part in hiking and riding tours and rent many kinds of sport tools.
Camera position: Új Kajakház
Sárospatak – Eszterházy Károly College Comenius Faculty
Sárospatak is a town in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county, northern Hungary. It lies 70 km (43 mi) northeast from Miskolc, in the Bodrog river valley. The town, often called simply Patak, is an important cultural centre.
The area has been inhabited since ancient times. Sárospatak was granted town status in 1201 by King Emeric. In the Middle Ages it was an important place due to its proximity to an important trade route leading to Poland. Its castle, built by Andrew II, is traditionally identified as the birthplace of his daughter Saint Elizabeth. Camera position: Eszterházy Károly College Comenius Faculty